ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT
You are eligible for benefits 24 hours a day, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount, when You sustain an Injury during the Trip which results in any of the following losses within 180 days of the date of the Injury causing the Loss.
Benefits will be paid as follows:
100%: Percentage of Principal Sum Payable: Life.
100%: Both Hands; Both Feet or Sight of Both Eyes.
100%: One Hand and One Foot.
100%: One Hand and Sight of One Eye.
100%: One Foot and Sight of One Eye.
50%: One Hand; One Foot or Sight of One Eye.
Loss of hand or hands, or foot or feet, means severance at or above the wrist joint or ankle joint, respectively. Loss of eye or eyes means the total and irrecoverable loss of the entire sight thereof. Only one of the amounts shown above (the largest applicable) will be paid for Injuries resulting from one accident. The benefit for loss of: (a) two limbs; (b) both eyes; or (c) one limb and one eye is payable only when such loss results from the same accident. The Principal Sum is the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits for Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
ACCIDENT & SICKNESS MEDICAL EXPENSE
For the purpose of this benefit:
“Covered Expense” means expense incurred for services and supplies: (a) listed below; and (b) ordered or prescribed by a Legally Qualified Physician as Medically Necessary for diagnosis or treatment; which is limited to:
1. The services of a Legally Qualified Physician;
2. Hospital or ambulatory medical-surgical center services (this will also include expenses for a cruise ship cabin or hotel room, not already included in the cost of Your Trip, if recommended as a substitute for a Hospital room for recovery of a Sickness or Injury);
3. Transportation furnished by a professional ambulance company to and/or from a Hospital; and prescribed drugs, prosthetics and therapeutic services and supplies. Benefits will be paid for the Covered Expense incurred, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount, if You incur a Covered Expense as a result of a Sickness that first manifests itself during the Trip or Injury that occurs during the Trip. Only Covered Expenses incurred during the Trip will be reimbursed. Expenses incurred after the Trip are not covered. Benefits will include expenses incurred during the Trip for emergency dental treatment due to Injury not to exceed $750. Expenses for emergency dental treatment incurred after the Trip are not covered. Benefits will not be paid in excess of the Usual and Customary Charges. Advance payment will be made to a Hospital, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount, if needed, to secure Your admission to a Hospital, because of a covered Sickness or Injury. The Program Medical Advisor will coordinate advance payment to the Hospital. These benefits will not duplicate any benefits payable under the policy or any coverage(s) attached to the policy.
MEDICAL EVACUATION AND RETURN OF MORTAL REMAINS
When You suffer a loss of life for any reason or incur a Sickness or Injury during the course of a Trip, the following benefits are payable, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount.
- Emergency Medical Evacuation: If the local attending Legally Qualified Physician and the Program Medical Advisor determine that transportation to a Hospital or medical facility is Medically Necessary to treat an unforeseen Sickness or Injury which is acute or life threatening and adequate Medical Treatment is not available in the immediate area, the Transportation Expense incurred will be paid for the Usual and Customary Charges for transportation to the closest Hospital or medical facility capable of providing that treatment.
If You are in the Hospital for more than 7 consecutive days and Your dependent children who are under 18 years of age and accompanying You on the Trip are left unattended, Economy Transportation will be paid to return the dependents to their home (with an attendant, if considered necessary by the Program Medical Advisor).
If You are traveling alone and will be hospitalized for more than 7 consecutive days and Emergency Evacuation is not imminent, benefits will be paid to transport one person, chosen by You, by Economy Transportation, for a single visit to and from Your bedside.
- Non-Emergency Medical Evacuation: If the local attending Legally Qualified Physician and the Program Medical Advisor determine that it is Medically Necessary for You to return to Your place of permanent residence because of an unforeseen Sickness or Injury which is acute or life-threatening, the Transportation Expense incurred will be paid for Your return to Your permanent residence or to a Hospital or medical facility closest to Your permanent place of residence capable of providing that treatment via one of the following methods of transportation, as approved, in writing, by the Program Medical Advisor: i) one-way Economy Transportation; ii) commercial air upgrade (to Business or First Class), based on Your condition as recommended by the local attending Legally. Qualified Physician and verified in writing; or iii) other covered land or air transportation including, but not limited to, commercial stretcher, medical escort, or the Usual and Customary Charges for air ambulance, provided such transportation has been pre-approved and arranged by the Program Medical Advisor. Transportation must be via the most direct and economical route.
Hospital Of Choice
Subject to the terms and conditions of item # 2, You may choose to be transported to a Hospital in a city within the United States of America other than Your primary place of residence, but the maximum amount payable is limited to the cost of transportation to Your primary place of residence.
- Return of Remains: In the event of Your death, the expense incurred will be paid for minimally necessary casket or air tray, preparation and transportation of Your remains to Your place of residence or to the place of burial.
Benefits are paid less the value of Your original unused return travel ticket. If benefits are payable and You have other insurance that may provide benefits for this same loss, We reserve the right to recover from such other insurance. You shall: a) notify Us of any other insurance; b) help Us exercise the Company’s rights in any reasonable way that We may request, including the filing and assignment of other insurance benefits; c) not do anything after the loss to prejudice Our rights; and d) reimburse Us, to the extent of any payment We have made, for benefits received from such other insurance.
MISSED CONNECTION AND TRAVEL DELAY
Missed Connection: If You miss Your cruise or tour departure because Your arrival at Your Trip destination is delayed for 3 or more hours, benefits will be paid, on a one-time basis, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount, for a) the Additional Transportation Cost to join the Trip and b) the unused portion of the prepaid expenses for land or water Travel Arrangements, due to:
a) any delay of a Common Carrier (the delay must be certified by the Common Carrier);
b) a documented weather condition preventing You from getting to the point of departure;
c) quarantine, hijacking, Strike, natural disaster, terrorism or riot.
These benefits will not duplicate any benefits payable under the policy or any coverage(s) attached to the policy. Travel Delay: Benefits will be paid for reasonable accommodation, meal, and local transportation expenses incurred by You, up to the Maximum Benefit Amount shown in the Schedule of Benefits, if You are delayed for 12 hours or more while en route to or from, or during a Trip, due to:
a) any delay of a Common Carrier (the delay must be certified by the Common Carrier);
b) a traffic accident in which You or Your Traveling Companion are not directly involved (must be substantiated by a police report);
c) lost or stolen passports, travel documents or money (must be substantiated by a police report); d) quarantine, hijacking, Strike, natural disaster, terrorism or riot; e) a documented weather condition preventing You from getting to the point of departure. These benefits will not duplicate any benefits payable under the policy or any coverage(s) attached to the policy.
BAGGAGE AND PERSONAL EFFECTS AND BAGGAGE DELAY
Baggage and Personal Effects: Coverage will be provided to You: (a) against all risks of permanent loss, theft or damage to Your Baggage and Personal Effects; (b) subject to all Exclusions and Limitations in the policy; (c) up to the Maximum Benefit Amount; and (d) occurring while this coverage is in force.
The lesser of the following amounts will be paid: 1) the actual cash value (cost less proper deduction for depreciation) at the time of loss, theft or damage; 2) the cost to repair or replace the article with material of a like kind and quality; or 3) $300 per article.
A combined maximum of $600 will be paid for jewelry, watches, articles consisting in whole or in part of silver, gold or platinum, articles trimmed with fur, cameras and their accessories and related equipment. A maximum of $50 will be paid for the cost of replacing a passport or visa.
A maximum of $50 will be paid for the cost associated with the unauthorized use of lost or stolen credit cards, subject to verification that You have complied with all conditions of the credit card company.
For any questions, please email us.